MAURO MANCINI” PRIZE - 2nd edition
2018 CELEBRATION OF SEA-SET CINEMA FILMS
“MAURO MANCINI” PRIZE - 2nd edition
DEADLINE: May 30th, 2018
The purpose of the prize is to investigate in more depth, through cinema, the multi-faceted relationship between man and sea; travelling, adventure, sailing, and knowledge. The sea is a place where cultures and civilisations meet: an element of nature, where the biological balance is a key to life: it is both a natural and an economic resource. Mauro Mancini, journalist and sailor, particularly cared about this.
• The 2018 "Mauro Mancini" Prize is awarded only to European films produced after 1st January 2015.
• The candidate films, documentaries, fictions or animation films must last for no longer than 30 minutes.
• The films taking part in the competition will be judged by a jury composed by cinema critics, festival. directors, and sea experts, who will draw up the final ranking.
• The first three films in the ranking will be shown during the three evenings of the “Celebration of seaset cinema films” in Castiglione della Pescaia (Grosseto) on 13,14,15 and 16 September 2018.
• The directors attending the show will be entitled to a free hospitality package (hotel accommodation and full board for one day/night in Castiglione della Pescaia).
• The first ranking film will be awarded a prize of €1,000.00 (one thousand euro) to be given to the director.
• No rental costs will be payable for showing the finalist films.
• The films will have to be in Italian or, if in other languages, they must come with Italian subtitles.
• The formats accepted for the competition selection are DVDs, USB keys or protected links (URL and password to be indicated in the entry form). The materials sent will not be returned.
• In the case of selection (first three films in the ranking) for public showing, a copy will have to be delivered in one of the following formats: DCP, blue ray, MP4.
• The entry is free of charge and must be made by sending the specific form (which can be downloaded from www.spazioalfieri.it) by May 30th, 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The films sent for the selection in DVD format or by using a USB key must be sent by June 30th, 2018 to the following address: Spazio Alfieri, via dell'ulivo 6, 50122 Florence. In the case of a protected link, the URL and password must be indicated in the entry form.
• CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM