- Florence International Airport "Amerigo Vespucci" - The ‘Amerigo Vespucci’ Airport is connected to the city centre by VOLAINBUS, a service provided by BUSITALIA - SITA Nord. This is a shuttle service (about 20-40 minutes depending on the traffic) between the airport terminal and the centre of Florence.
Pisa International Airport "Galileo Galilei" - From the airport you can reach the city centre of Florence in one hour by bus. At the airport, bus tickets may be purchased at the Information Desk (Arrivals Area). The Bus Area (P6) is located just outside the Passenger Terminal Arrivals Area. You can find details and schedule here: www.pisa-airport.com/it/i-passeggeri/trasporti/bus.html.
Otherwise, the Pisa Airport is located about 1 km from Pisa Centrale railway station. You can find, just outside the terminal, the new, high-speed, fully automatic People Mover service for direct connections between the Pisa Centrale railway station and the airport.
- Bologna International Airport "Guglielmo Marconi" – From Bologna Airport you can reach the city center of Florence with the Appennino Shuttle in one hour and thirty minutes.
La stazione centrale di Santa Maria Novella si trova nel centro storico di Firenze, tutte le nostre sale sono raggiungibili a piedi in pochi minuti.
TRENITALIA è vettore ufficiale del Festival dei Popoli. I possessori di uno dei titoli di viaggio regionale Trenitalia o di una smart card/badge aziendale del Gruppo Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane avranno diritto ad una riduzione sul prezzo del biglietto d’ingresso al Festival dei Popoli.
Per conoscere gli orari dei collegamenti ferroviari potete consultare i seguenti siti:
The SITA bus service connects Florence to all the cities.
There are also many companies that allow to reach Florence from abroad, such Eurolines and Flixbus.
At Santa Maria Novella station you can find a Left luggage.
If you arrive in Florence with your own car, please mind that in the historical centre there are several restricted traffic area.
If your hotel is located in the historical centre, remember to warn that you will arrive by car, so the hotel can book an affiliated parking lot with your license plate.
Park and ride
Car parks are located along the main points of access to the city of Florence. They are connected to the centre by bus and tram. All details are online on Firenze Parcheggi website.
Car sharing - Travel as well as the Festival guests!
The Festival choose Car2Go, an easy and sustainable solution for city transport. The Car2Go cars can circulate in the historical city center within the ZTL area (restricted traffic area) and you can park your car2go for free on every public parking lot within the car2go home area.
How to reach Cinema La Compagnia:
- 5 minutes walk - Piazza San Marco stop, bus lines 1- 6 – 7- 10 - 11 -17 -20- 25 - 31 -32 – C1;
- 5 minutes walk - Via Bufalini stop, linee 14 – 23 – C1;
- Just in front of the cinema - C1 (only coming from Piazza San Marco)
How to reach Cinema Spazio Alfieri:
- In the nearby streets (Via dei Pepi, via Ghibellina, via Verdi) bus lines C1, C2, C3 or 23 (only for those who come from Gavinana district)
- Otherwise we suggest to stop in Via della Colonna (piazza D’Azeglio), bus lines 6 – 31 – 31 – 23 – 14
How to reach Istituto Francese:
- Bus C2 direction Leopolda, bus stop Melegnano (2 minutes walk)
- Bus lines 6 – 11 – 12 – 37, bus stop Pescaia Santa Rosa (6 minutes walk)
055/4390 - www.4390.it
055/4242 - www.4242.it
The closest taxi ranks are in Piazza San Marco, Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza Santa Maria Novella.
There are many possibilities that the city of Florence offers for overnight stays. In the following list you may find structures that apply special rates to the accredited audience of the Festival dei Popoli. Their location is a short distance from the festival venues:
B&B Lanterna Fiorentina
Via XXVII Aprile 11, 50129 Firenze
Tel. (+39) 3349630509
B&B Locanda dei poeti
Via Guelfa 74/n, 50129 Firenze
Tel. (+39) 055 488701
Hotel Azzi - Locanda degli Artisti
Via Faenza 56/88 rosso, 50123 Firenze
Tel. (+39) 055 213 806
Via dei Serragli 49, 50124 Firenze
Tel. (+39) 055 212576
Residenza Il Villino B&B
Via della Pergola, 53 | 50121 Firenze Italia
Tel. (+39) 055 200 1116
Here some youth hostels located in the city centre of Florence:
Via S. Monaca 6, 50124 Firenze
Tel. (+39) 055 268338
www.ostellosantamonaca.com firstname.lastname@example.org L’ostello Santa Monaca applicherà uno sconto del 20% agli accreditati al Festival dei Popoli, tramite prenotazione on line con un codice speciale.
Via di Santa Caterina 13-17, 50129 Firenze
Via Villani 15, 50124 Firenze
Tel. (+39) 055 0602087
Firenze WiFi is the wireless Internet access of the Municipality of Florence. The connection is provided by the Municipality of Florence and internet browsing is allowed for a maximum of 500 MB per day for each device. To know how to connect: servizi.comune.fi.it/servizi/scheda-servizio/firenze-wifi
For further information, please write to our Hospitality office: email@example.com