Jury and awards
International Jury 62nd Festival dei Popoli
The international jury of the 62nd Festival dei Popoli is composed of:
International Competition Award
The international jury will award the following prizes:
- Best Short Film Award (duration: up to 30 minutes): € 2,500.00, equally divided between director and production;
- Best Medium-length Film Award (duration: between 31 and 60 minutes): € 4,000.00, divided equally between director and production;
- Best Feature Film Award (duration: over 60 minutes): € 8,000.00, divided equally between director and production;
- “Gian Paolo Paoli” plaque for the Best Anthropological Film.
Italian Jury of the 62nd Festival dei Popoli
The Italian jury of the 62nd Festival dei Popoli is composed of:
Italian Competition Award
The Italian jury will award the following prize:
- Best Italian Documentary Award: € 3,000.00 divided equally between director and production.
Other festival prizes
Distribution award in the "Unmissable" room
The "Unmissable" prize will be awarded by the programming manager of La Compagnia together with his staff. The winning film will be held in programming at La Compagnia for a period to be agreed with the production / distribution.
"Il cinemino" theatrical distribution award
“Il Cinemino” is a cultural project born in Milan in 2018. The prize will be awarded by the founding members to the film that best embodies commitment, social value and innovative language. The winner will be scheduled during a dedicated evening and held in programming in the following days.
SVOD "Tënk" distribution award
Tënk is the SVOD platform dedicated to independent documentary films available across Europe on tenk.eu.com. The Prize will be awarded to the best Italian film presented in an international competition or in an Italian competition. The award consists of financial support for the director and the purchase of SVOD rights for broadcasting on European territories.
SudTitles Award "Cinema for all"
SudTitles Palermo has been operating since 2011 for the promotion of film culture, creating various services including subtitles, subtitles for the deaf and audio descriptions for the blind. The prize, awarded as part of the professional day of the Doc At Work - Future Campus, offers the winning work the realization of the audio description of the film and the upload on the SudTitles app (if in Italian) or inclusive subtitles in Italian and uploading to the SudTitles app (if in a foreign language).