Submission to Doc at Work Proxima are open
PROXIMA is the section of Doc at Work - Industry dedicated to Italian films in editing and post-production status; an opportunity to discover the Italian documentary cinema of the immediate future and present it to representatives of international festivals and professionals.
A maximum of 3 titles will be selected; each project will be allowed 30' (of which a maximum of 20' to show excerpts and 10' to verbally describe the project). One-to-One meetings with festival selectors and other professionals will follow.
Only projects that fully meet the following criteria are eligible for the selection:
- be a nonfiction film
- be a film intended for cinema distribution
- have a duration of more than 60'
- be a film of Italian production or co-production (including minority) and/or directed by an Italian director (or resident in Italy)
- be in the advanced editing or post-production status
- expect the world premiere of the work no earlier than January 2024
- not have already confirmed agreements for the Italian and international premiere
Submit your application
Applications can be sent until September 11, 2023 by writing to email@example.com
To submit your application, you must send a dossier (maximum 4 pages) containing the following information:
- technical details of the film and of the artistic and technical cast
- indications regarding the production, sources of funding already confirmed; any distribution agreements already in place (e.g. sales agents, TV, theatrical distribution, festivals, etc.); any participation in other markets, workshops or professional events in Italy or abroad
- indications on the status of the project and expected date of finalisation
- synopsis and director's note
- images or other artistic materials useful to illustrate the project
- vimeo link to the rough cut or extract of the film lasting between 10' and 20' (in both cases, the links must have the download option)
Participation in Doc at Work - Proxima is free of charge. The results of the selection will be communicated privately from 25 September 2023.
Conditions of participation
Director and producer of the selected films will receive free industry accreditation for the Festival dei Popoli, as well as an invitation to the festival networking activities (cocktails etc.). The festival does not cover travel and accommodation costs.